I started this project 2009, but put it aside and just recently finished it. I made everything. Every part, spring, screws, the works. The 54 caliber rifled barrel was a blank piece of octagon that I breach plugged and tapered to rings then tapered round and flared the muzzle. This piece doesn't use iron pyrates but a ferrocerium rod that last forever [almost] and sparks very well. The trim is part ivory and part imitation ivory. The puffer remains in un-fired condition. After making a number of Kentucky's I started on wheel locks and moved to Miquelets and snaphaunces then back to Jeagers and wheellocks. I even made several matchlocks but preferred those with self opening pan covers.
Copy and photos by Wulf Schultz.